If you are running a tech business, you can work purely REMOTE. This means you are working from home, in co-working space, or in local coffee shops. I argue that local shops are the best option for these 5 reasons:
- They serve you food for the same price - Co-working space can cost around $20 bucks a day. This serves 2 when you go eat at a local cafe. You can get 2 coffees, 2 breakfast sandwiches, and a nice place to work. Even if you work from home, you still have to make the food. This is a way to get to work and be served at the same time.
- It good to get out of the house - Getting out of the house makes you task oriented. You HAVE to get something done by the time you leave. Focus on how many tasks you get through, rather than how long you work for. If you think this way, you'll be amazed at how much you can get done in a focused 2-3 hrs.
- It's great to explore the world - There are so many small businesses to explore. Just hop in a car and choose one or search yelp for cafes near you. Every small business is different and serves different food. Variety is the spice of life! ;)
- It helps local business - Money makes the world go round. They give you a place to stay, you give them $20. It's a pretty fair trade considering they have all the risk/ work of running the business. ( Leasing rental place is at least $X,000/ month! )
- You can meet people - Other great people go to coffee shops too! When you go regularly, you can make some great friends. It's great place to go when there is no one to talk to in the home office.